Hi ho! Since our beloved Andria made the blog look pretty and all, I feel motivated to write more. Two times in one 24-hour period, in fact! What I wanted to write about is my 40 books for my 40th year challenge– from January 1, 2010-December 31, 2010. It’s not working. That’s because it’s June and I have read just about 40 books since January 1. I under-challenged myself. However, I stumbled across Home Girl’s Book Blog 100 Books in a year challenge! Perfect!
Please join me in the challenge, or start your own. Please write about it. I owe you tons of 2-second reviews. I won’t let you down!
Here’s my list, sans reviews.
1. The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver
2. A Happy Marriage: A Novel by Rafael Yglesias
3. Maps and Legends: Reading and Writing Along the Borderland by Michael Chabon
4. La’s Orchestra Saves the World by Alexander McCall Smith
5. The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
6. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson.
7. The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larsson
8. The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest by Steig Larsson
9. City of Thieves by David Benioff
10. The Sweetness at the Bottom of The Pie by Alan Bradley
11. The Weed That Strings the Hangman’s Bag by Alan Bradley
12: The Annotated Brother’s Grimm, Maria Tartar Ed
13: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
14. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
15. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris